Wednesday, September 28, 2011

St. Alberta Projects Summer 2011

One of our summer students worked on several projects including:
  1. Video Interviews with Mr. Fowler, former mayor of St. Albert.
  2. Research and development for the ESSMY mural project.
Below are edited excerpts from her summary of what she did:

This summer I worked for Centralta Tourism Society in St.Albert.... The first project I worked on was the Sainte Marguerite d'Youville / Grey Nuns Mural project with ESSMY school in St.Albert I researched and found information on both. I created a Grey Nuns Blog and worked with the school on providing direction for the mural by finding resources and pictures to use in the mural. I also worked at recruiting students to be involved this was successful and I set up alot of the groundwork so that this project can start in the fall of this year. Then I worked on reading stories and writing up Questions and Answers for the Grades that the stories applied to.  This took a lot of time. I did presentations to Grade 8 students...   I attended many meetings, worked on PAC blog and getting my Tech assistants to  do research for me...  I  have done alot of networking with the Schools in St.Albert by volunteering and contacting the schools.  For example, I worked with students and staff from Fowler school and did a video interview with Mr. Fowler, for whom the school is named.  I have also been working on reading The End of Religion for the Faith in Action Blog I hope to get this read by the end of the summer.

I only had a 6 week position with 240 hours making it difficult to get work done...  The most difficult aspect of the Job is working on things I'm not passionate about and working with others, who don't communicate or get their work done well or when I need it done and waiting on others in order to get my work done. I enjoyed the mural project and working on it with ESSMY. I did not enjoy the big group work meetings, as it did not help me do my Job better as I had learned most of what was covered last year or it did not apply to me.  The only things I learned at the big group meetings is what others had accomplished.   I enjoyed the repetitive activities the least, as I found them boring and not where my passion or interest was.  I enjoyed working on the... Grey Nuns blog as it was more interesting, as I got to work with others and I can see where the blog was going and how it will be used and how what I did impacted others. The Questions and Answers and summary of stories I did not see how what I did would impact and get others involved, in the future, as people don't want paper copies anymore they want Internet sites, videos and pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice to info

Jadwal Live Sepakbola Televisi 23-25 Januari 2013


Ekiosku.com jual beli online aman menyenangkan


Menghilangkan Bau Mulut

Anonymous said...

Treks Himalaya is indoor outdoor trekking and tours Operators takes you that further way to guarantee you has an unforgettable adventure Trekking in Nepal that you have been dream with Acute trek is part of your choice. We have your choose of trekking for 3 days or 30 or more days it depending of your timetable, sleep under lodges or tent. We always respect our duty to constantly your holiday satisfaction in Nepal. Whether you are looking for a quiet gateway, a memorable Hiking in Nepal outing with a family or an exciting nature adventure with Acute Trek Pvt. Ltd.. We offer you with the best progressive information and itinerary leading focused and modified as per your requirements. It is significant Treks Himalaya to memorize, though, it necessitate an enough level of physical homework and must remembers that there is also a psychosomatic assurance walking and Trekking in Himalaya. Acute trek is an attempt to encourage Nepal to the exterior world while striving to defend an aged tradition as well as conserve the surroundings for generation to come.

Post a Comment

Slide

Powerd by
Cinet Logo: Created by Chihiro Okamoto

Click to See Posts in This Page